Sunday, February 3, 2008

Michaela turned six!!!




I can't believe that my little girl is growing up so fast. I kept teasing her about turning 4 instead. Sometimes I wish I could freeze my children in time because I know I will miss these stages of their lives.

We began her birthday with breakfast and some presents in the morning before I had to leave for a Girls Camp meeting. Then I hurried home so we could go to Backyard Adventures for a party with her class. It just happened to be her Kindergarten teacher's daughter, Tayah Brown, who is in her class was born the the same day. We decided to combine parties and just invite the whole class to celebrate the birthdays together. It was a great way to simplify and save some money. About 20 kids came so it was quite a group and really fun.

In the afternoon Michaela went to have a sleepover with her Aunt Emily. We have been so glad to have her close by for a little while. Michaela also had special dates with her grandparents. She went to Build a Bear with the Gardner's and bought a special Teddy Bear. She also went to lunch with the Palmer's and got to go clothes shopping with Denise. A quick thank you to everyone who helped her feel loved on this special day! We love you little Michaela!!!!

4 comments:

erin said...

Happy Birthday Koki! We sure miss you! Brianna loves the new bear you got for your birthday!!! I can't believe you're 6 already!!! My goodness, you're going to be taller than me before I know it! We love you and hope to see you soon!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Michaela...you can not be six! That is just too old! I can't believe it!!! You look so cute. Sounds like a fun birthday party. Happy Birthday!

Erika said...

Hey, so I'm headed your way, (sorta) in March maybe I can say hey in person.

Matthew Gardner said...

sorry I missed the party! you'll have to come visit me in DC!