

The day after Lexie's birthday I left for Girl's Camp. I am on the Stake YW Camp Committee. We work from January to July to organize Girls Camp so this has taken up a lot of my time in recent months. Jay took the week and worked from home to watch the kids. They did take one morning to go "hike the Y" as has become tradition while I am gone.
I really enjoy Camp and have loved this calling. I enjoy the Young Women and tried to learn all 300 names during the week. I didn't succeed but maybe learned 80% or so. I was in charge of Confidence Course games and several other classes we offered and have to say that I went to bed every night very tired. One exciting part was when a bear was spotted close to the cabins and we had to call Wildlife to set some traps and close a few trails to ensure safety of the girls. We also had a pipe break and ran out of water to shower with much to everyone's dissapopintment. It just made bathing when I got home all the sweeter.
1 comment:
I don't know anyone that goes to girls camp year after year, with so much to do (both before and during) for it, with as great of an attitude as you. Even as a young woman, at times my attitude wasn't what yours is! I'm glad you both survived and had fun at girls camp!
Post a Comment